- TRM utilizes FastBridge to check every student’s performance during the school year. This helps staff identify which individual students are meeting the academic standards per the child’s grade level (on track) and those children who may need supplemental interventions and instructional support to meet academic goals. Progress monitoring may also be used as an additional resource within FastBridge to set goals for learning growth. By utilizing progress monitoring teachers can quickly and frequently assess the academic performance of each student, get a clear measure of improvement and determine the effectiveness of the instruction.
- Kindergartners and 1st graders will take earlyReading and earlyMath; 2nd through 6th graders will take aReading/aMath.
- TRM utilizes tests of executive functioning as a means of assessing the whole child. Tests for executive functioning measure skills such as attention, inhibitory control, working memory and organization and planning. TRM believes the assessment of these skills leads to a better understanding of how the child functions in the classroom and helps determine what additional support may be needed to lead to further academic success.
- Administered for all students K-6.
- The Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments (MCAs) is a state-wide test utilized by each public/charter school to measure student progress toward Minnesota’s academic standards. The administration of this assessment meets federal and state legislative requirements. It is possible for students who receive special education services, and who meet eligibility requirements, to take an alternative assessment instead - the Minnesota Test of Academic Skills (MTAS)
- 3rd-6th Graders will take Reading and Math; 5th graders will also take Science.
- To Opt out of State wide testing complete and return this form.
2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR TESTING SCHEDULE
FASTTrack Reading (2nd-6th) Weeks of Sept. 12th &19th
FASTTrack Math (2nd-6th) Weeks of Sept. 12th &19th
Early Reading & Math (K-1) Weeks of Sept. 12th &19th
FASTTrack Reading (2nd-6th) Weeks of Jan 9th & 17th
FASTTrack Math (2nd-6th) Weeks of Jan 9th & 17th
Early Reading & Math (K-1) Weeks of Jan 9th & 17th
Early Reading & Math (K-1): Weeks of April 17th, 24th, and May 1st
FASTTrack Reading (2nd-6th): Weeks of April 17th, 24th, and May 1st
FASTTrack Math (2nd-6th): Weeks of April 17th, 24th, and May 1st
Fall and Spring Executive Functioning
Fall: Week of September 26th
Spring: Week of April 10th
(3rd through 6th Grade)
Reading (3rd-6th): Week of April 17th
Math(3rd-6th): Week of April 24th
Science (5th Grade only): Week of May 1st